How we protect your privacy
We’ve broken this policy down into different sections so you can better understand what areas are applicable to you.
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
1. Information from our students/subscribers
We collect the name, email, and any other personal information from your customers. Name and email are needed to allow individuals to access our Services for processes such as processing enrolments, authentication, or otherwise administering your course.This information is given on a voluntary basis when a customer uses or accesses our Services.
We collect information about how your students interact with your course(s) and website(s), including but not limited to, their progress through the course, quiz scores, survey results, discussion or forum contributions and other student activities.
2. Information from website visitors and support users
- We collect information from visitors to the Thinkific website including your IP address and how you interact with our website. We also collect information such as when you visited, the website from where you came prior to visiting us, the website where you go when you leave our website, your computer’s operating system, location data, and the type of web browser that you are using.
- We also collect Personal Information submitted by you via any messaging or email feature available from any of our websites.
- We may also receive Personal Information when you submit help tickets or make other requests to Thinkific via any of our websites,
- We also collect the name and phone number of our telephone support users.
- For all those that email us for support we collect name, email address, location, Thinkific site address, as well as any exchange with with a Thinkific agent
- If you use our forum or community, we collect your name and any content that you post.
- We collect this information when you visit Thinkific-hosted webpages, use Services offered on our websites or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on or through our websites (including forums, blogs and via any Messaging Feature). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us. We use this information to provide and enhance our Services (including servicing your account, if applicable), and answer any questions you may have.
3. Information from cookies and similar tracking technology
4. Information that we share with third parties
APPNA ACADEMY works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required to share information with third parties to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Personal Information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
Personal Information may be shared with third-party vendors to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our homepage.
5. What we don’t do with your Personal Information
We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
6. Keeping your personal information secure
We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes, and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
We exclusively process payments through PCI DSS Level 1 payment providers, which is the highest level of compliance available.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
7. User Names and Passwords
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the username and password confidential. Do not give your password to anyone. If you enter a section of our website that requires a password, you should log out when you leave. As a safety precaution, you should also close out of your web browser completely and re-open it before viewing other parts of the Internet.
8. Accessing and Correcting your Information
If you have a customer account with us, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
9. Your Voluntary Disclosure of Information to Third Parties Who Are Not Our Suppliers
As noted above, you may choose to provide personal information to website visitors or other third parties who are not our suppliers. Please use caution when doing so. The privacy policies and customs of these third parties determine what is done with your information and APPNA ACADEMY is not responsible for such processing.
We may use autoresponders to communicate with you by e-mail. To protect your privacy, we use a verified opt-in system for such communications and you can always opt-out of such communications using the links contained in each autoresponder message. If you have difficulties opting out, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sending us mail to the address listed below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
12. Policy Changes
The terms of this policy may change from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by e-mail to the e-mail address specified through your account.
We hate unsolicited commercial e-mail as much as you do: Spam or junk e-mail, is a disservice to the Internet and our community.
If you have additional questions, comments or concerns, please contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com and providing us with information relating to your concern.
You may also mail your concerns to us at the following address: